1. Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes! The U.S.-Mexico Foundation is a United States registered 501(c)3 organization. Our Tax ID number is 74-2984884. You will receive a tax receipt immediately after making a donation.
2. What are the methods of payment?
We try to be flexible, so we currently accept credit/debit cards, checks, and bank wire transfers.
3. Is there a minimum donation?
The minimum donation is $10.
4. Can I donate goods to a project instead of money?
Unfortunately, the U.S.-Mexico Foundation does not facilitate the donation of material goods.
5. I just tried to make a donation and my credit card was rejected. Why?
In order for the U.S.-Mexico Foundation to protect the donations made on our site, we have strong security measures in place to guard against fraudulent transactions. Here are some common reasons that we might not have been able to process your donation:
- The billing address you entered does not match the billing address associated with your credit card.
- The security code entered does not match the one on your card.
- The expiration date entered has either passed or does not match what your bank has on record.
- Your bank has declined the charge.
Unfortunately, we are not able to reattempt a transaction once it has been declined. We encourage you to submit your donation again, double-checking that your zip code, billing address, and credit card details are correct.
6. Is there any way to keep track of my donations?
Yes! When you give through the U.S.-Mexico Foundation Donation Web Portal, we'll you ask to share a few pieces of information with us, like your name and email address, so we can create a profile for you. This profile will allow you to keep track of your giving history and access project updates. Additionally, we'll send you a receipt for every donation you make to U.S.-Mexico Foundation.
7. Does the U.S.-Mexico Foundation charge a fee?
In order for us sustainably pay for our operating costs, the U.S.-Mexico Foundation has a 7% transaction fee.
It covers all costs associated with transactions on our website, like credit card fees, and bank transfer fees, that our projects would otherwise pay for processing donations. It also covers other transaction costs like support issues for donations, and helps us maintain our website.
Finally, the U.S.-Mexico Foundation also provides a number of services to donors by identifying and vetting projects in Mexico, collect reports from these organizations, help make international giving possible for donors outside the US, and allow US donors to make tax-deductible donations to international organizations.
8. How do I donate by check?
Make checks payable to: U.S.-Mexico Foundation. On the memo line, please write the Project ID or Name. If you would like to get email updates on the project, please also write your email address.
The U.S.-Mexico Foundation accepts any check in US dollars.
Please mail the check to us at:
136 Madison Ave.
New York, NY 10016
9. How do I donate by wire transfer?
To make a donation via bank wire transfer, please contact our office for wire information.
Phone: +1 917-215-8337
10. Can I make my donation a gift?
Yes! Any project on the U.S.-Mexico Foundation Donation Web Portal can be turned into a gift easily. Simply select the box that says "Make this donation a gift, in honor of, or in memory of someone?" You can then select whether you want to send the recipient an email notifying them of the gift.
Security and Privacy
When you make a contribution to a project on U.S.-Mexico Foundation Donation Web Portal, your name, billing address, email address, and credit card information are collected by one of our third-party credit card vendors (Stripe or PayPal). If you ask to be placed on our email list, we will collect your name and email address. While we encourage donors to share their name and address in order to foster long-term relationships, donors may prefer to remain anonymous. In that case, the U.S.-Mexico Foundation promises to maintain your complete privacy.
2. How do I know my donation is secure?
All credit card donations are collected through Stripe, a secure third party whom we hire for this purpose, or PayPal, also a highly secure third-party payment system. Because all transactions go through third parties, the U.S.-Mexico Foundation does not receive or retain credit card numbers. Further, we will never release your personal information to any outside party unless authorized to do so. All donations made through PayPal are kept private over their secure network.
1. How can the U.S.-Mexico Foundation work with corporate partners?
Whether you're looking for grants management, cause marketing, or employee giving programs, we are committed to helping your company develop a giving plan that is right for you.
- The U.S.-Mexico Foundation can help you find organizations and projects that match your corporate mission. We conduct rigorous application reviews of organizations, process donations, disburse funds, and provide reporting. Please contact our office for further information.
Find Projects to Support
Select one or more categories to find projects.