"1,000 Dreamers-1,000 Leaders" is the first and only program of its kind. It is a binational program created with the goal of empowering the Dreamer population in the US and Mexico by unlocking their full professional potential.
The "1,000 Dreamers-1,000 Leaders" program is designed to take place over a 5 year period, benefiting 200 Dreamers each year by providing them with personalized one-on-one mentoring, online training to develop key soft skills and networking opportunities.
The program was recognized on October 15th, 2015 during an event presided by President Obama as part of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics 25th anniversary commitments to action.
One year of personalized one-on-one mentoring by an experienced professional committed to guide and prepare Dreamers towards the start of their professional careers
Online training content to develop key soft skills required for professional success
Networking events to provide Dreamers with the opportunity to meet additional mentors and build professional contacts as well as fellow Dreamers: Click here to learn about our past nerworking events in Chicago and LA!
Alumni Network to build an active and engaged community of Dreamers and Mentors
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Willingness to engage network of professional contacts in support of their mentee
- Sensitivity to the challenges faced by Dreamers
- Commitment to meet with mentee at least once a month during the year-long program
- Students currently enrolled in a higher education institution expecting to graduate during or after the 2016-2017 academic year
- Reside in the United States or Mexico
- Self-identify as a Dreamer or Undocumented Immigrant of Latino origin
- Commitment to meet with mentor at least once a month during the year-long program
- Commitment to complete the Program’s training modules and attend networking events
- Submit an online application to participate in the program, including an essay and video
- Applicants will be selected based on the strength of their application materials (personal essay and video), their professional experience and academic record.
- Priority will be given to applicants from low-income backgrounds.
- Special consideration will be given to mentees studying in the New York, Houston, Phoenix, Miami/Orlando, Los Angeles and Bay Area metro areas.
- The program is targeted towards Dreamers of Mexican background and special consideration will be given to such applicants.
APPLICATION OPENING SOON! STAY TUNED!
For further information or questions, please write to: 1000Dreamers1000Leaders@usmexicofound.org
Pictures from program's announcement
A young Dreamer introduces the President